World News

Prince Harry, Meghan and family to move back to UK

Published

on

Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are planning to move back to the UK this month, as reported by ABC.

They intend to relocate from the US to a private, non-royal residence outside London. The couple’s children, Archie, seven, and Lilibet, five, are also expected to start at a British school in September.

British media first reported the news, but spokespeople for ⁠Harry and Meghan had no immediate ‌comment. However, a source close to the couple confirmed the report’s accuracy. King Charles was told of the move on Sunday, local time, and it is understood he welcomed the move.

Earlier in July, the family met with King Charles in what was widely seen as a thawing of frosty relations. But even the run-up to the July trip was rocked by setbacks, with media outlets quoting sources close to Harry as saying the prince would be staying at Buckingham Palace in London — only for the palace to deny it.

The palace also said Harry had not accepted the invitation to stay at the official residence of the British sovereign sufficiently far in advance. It has been six years since Harry and Meghan stepped down from their royal duties, and there are no public plans for either to resume those roles.

Harry has long blamed the media for the death of his mother, Princess Diana, who was killed in a Paris car crash in 1997 while trying to shake off the paparazzi. While Harry and the king’s relationship may have improved, he is still barely on speaking terms with his older brother, Prince William.

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Blessing CALD